Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Terrific Twosome: Ben and Danny Johns


Welcome to Tuesday's Terrific Twosome! Each week we'll spend some time getting to know one of our favorite couples. Sometimes we'll meet a couple from a book, other days, we'll have an even more special treat when one our favorite real life couples shows up and shares.

Since this is the first edition of T3 and it just so happens to be Valentine's Day, I knew we needed a very special couple to launch this page. I found just that with my good friends and real-life couple Danny and Ben Johns. The love they share shines like a beacon, reassuring everyone that Happily Ever After does exist. Don't believe me? Read on, and enjoy a select few of the pictures they've shared from this past year of the life they've built together.



For those who haven’t met you before…how about a quick introduction:

Ben and Danny Johns


LMAO, okay guys, thanks for that enlightening intro. How about telling us how the two of you met?


Danny: I had put some of my artwork in a local coffee shop .... and had stopped by to check to see if anything was selling.... and saw this handsome man behind the counter (the son of the owner). We exchanged a brief HELLO and eye contact.



Me: Was it love at first sight?

Ben and Danny: Basically, YES!


Me: Ben, what’s a day in the life of loving Danny like?

Ben: It is the most wonderful feeling I have ever experienced. To find the one that completes you like no other...words cannot begin to describe it. He spoils me rotten!
Me: Danny, same question back at you. What’s a day in the life of loving Ben like?

Danny: HARD WORK! Lol! We live on a small farm, so there are chores, and chores, and more chores. BUT.... I love every minute of it. I have found my BEST FRIEND as well as MY PARTNER and SOUL MATE all wrapped up in one person.


Me: What’s the best experience you’ve had as a couple? (*blushes* Okay, you can tell that kind of story if you want, but I meant how do people respond to you as a couple?)

Ben and Danny: As the new has worn off about US, we celebrate one year this March, people all the time ask where the other is. It is as if we are connected.... not just BEN or DANNY.... but DANNY & BEN. We both get a great sense of achievement when someone asks WHERE'S BEN? or HOW IS DANNY DOING?
It is like we have been accepted as a couple.


Me: What’s the worst experience?

Ben and Danny: So far... there have been none


Me: What’s your idea of a dream date?

Ben and Danny: Anything that we can do together, as a team, as partners, as husbands...... is a dream date.


Me: If you could give your husband anything, make his most secret and special wish come true…what would you do or what would it be?

Ben and Danny: I think we both agree when we say that the day we got married was that wish.




Speed Round

Thanks guys. Now we have the bonus speed round. All the things people want to know and most of them are too polite to ask!


Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla (both)
Boxers or briefs? Commando(both)
Dog or cats? Both
Top or bottom? One of each...lol
Ketchup or mustard? Both
Camping or hotel? Camping (both)
Pool or beach? Beach(both)

Favorite sport? Baseball(D) & football(B)
Favorite book? Too many to list
Favorite movie? There again...to many
Favorite song? "You're on my mind in my Sleep" by Richard Ashcroft
Favorite memory? EVERYDAY TOGETHER (both)
Fantasy vacation? Just the two of us, on a boat, sailing around the world!(both)
Favorite photos of each other- Danny: I would post those Ben: NOT BIG ON SHARING TOO MANY PHOTOS.

And then...about your sex lives:

How many times a week average week.....7
Weirdest place: front porch
Ever been caught: NO
Favorite positions: ALL THAT APPLY
Brand of lube: KY
Favorite fulfilled fantasy: BAREBACK
Favorite waiting-to-be-fulfilled: none, as of now



Happy Valentine's Day to the two of you...your first as a married couple!


Thank you my friends for joining me on this innaugual post of T3. I'm going to let you have the last words, because really, the two of you are so beautiful together, there is nothing else for me to say.
  
Me: If we were 25 years in the future, what would you see when you look back at your life?

Ben and Danny: Two people who fell in love, and shared a life together!









Almost forgot...this is the last day of the Valentine's Day Blog hop...don't forget to comment for your chance at an All Romance eBooks gift card!

19 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to hear from you two. You make even the heterosexuals envious. Happy anniversary next month and I hope your love story never has an ending....because I love reading it...and oh, um Danny...why no photos? Okay...my bad. Happy Valentine's Day to you both and to you, my friend, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the cutest couple. I wish you many happy years together

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* you guys. You continue to give me hope and that happy ever after does exist. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry - had to come back to read again and... just... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same as Lisa, that post made me smile and believe that there is a HEA in real life and not only in Disney movies*sigh*

    Happy Valentine's Day and I wish you many happy returns!

    Ellie
    elaynelostATyahooDOTde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to say, you two are probably the sweetest couple I've seen on FB. I adore you both. I just know your lives together will be filled with love and happiness. Happy Valentine's Day to you both and may your happy ever after be as wonderful as your today.

      Delete
  6. What a perfect post for Valentine's Day.
    May you have a long and happy life together, you deserve it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you for getting them to agree. The blog is superb.

      Danny and Bennie, thank you both for allowing the rest of us to see what loving someone truly means. You two really are an inspiration...I know, I know...just two guys loving each other, but you both do it right. I love ya both, and hope the HFN has an extended run and one day it will be a HEA.

      Delete
  9. Aww man, *sighs* Laura you did the perfect post this Valentine's day and frankly, I love these two guys.

    Ben and Danny-thanks for doing this and sharing a little piece of your life/relationship with us here and on facebook.

    Hugs to you both as I go read this again and sigh alongside Laura. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salud! You two are an inspiration to couples everywhere, gay or straight. Thank you so much for sharing a bit with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! You guys give me hope again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great blog hop! I always find new authors to read.

    ainfinger@comcastDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Valentines Day

    author_shannon_leigh at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for being on the Blog HOp!! I am learning about so many new-to-me authors.

    Mel
    bournmelissa@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura, great interview. Happy Valentine's Day.
    Ben & Danny, congrats on finding each other. Wishing you many years of love and happiness. Last August my partner and I celebrated our 17th anniversary. Loving my HEA and wishing you nothing but the best as you live out yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun interview--thanks, LE!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete